Sunday, July 12, 2009

Awakening the Dreamer at the Cambridge Community Center

Today we the North Shore team put on an Awakening the Dreamer Changing the Dream symposium at the Cambridge Community Center with the additional sponsorship of the Cambridge Energy Alliance. I and Sally facilitated the symposium today with Wenjun on audio/visuals. I was very pleased with the beauty of the day, the sun was out, the air was warm, and we all looked dressed for success. Upon arriving to our venue life was a bit hectic; given our short setup time and Kyle biking to the rescue at the last minute with a projector compatible laptop along with the amazing 26 attendees "milling" on in I was at first a bit worried and anxious, but soon realized that I shouldn't be because I knew that my teammates would come through. Technical setup was rocky this morning and we had to start about ten minutes late. To quote an elderly gentleman at the symposium "It would not be a symposium without the technical hiccup" Despite these challenges however the symposium was a great success. I felt very connected today to the attendees, they ranged from young to elderly and all had unique perspectives on our human role on this planet. I felt honored to be among them. I truly look forward to our future symposiums and look forward to them knowing that I will step down as a facilitator for the remaining weeks as my teammates take up the role. I believe that going to and watching the symposium to be a powerful step, an experience for some that leaves them breathless. To facilitate however is in itself just as profound an experience.

Mark B. Cabral

1 comment:

Followers